I'm with the Band!

My electronic diary of my journey to "onederland". The goal is simple - lose a hundred pounds. The path to get there, I suspect, will be a bit more complicated.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

*POP*!

That's the sound of my bubble as it burst today. After my physical last Thursday, I got a call from my Primary Health Provider, Dr. Shafiq. He is this quirky little Indian man who always greets me with, "Hallo, Miz Ereeen!", but this time he was a bit concerned when he called.

"Miz Ereeen, I have some bahd news."

"Hi, Dr. Shafiq, what's up?"

"Well, it loooks like you have an infection in your solitary, precious kidney."

...blah blah blah doctor talk..."I will run a culture to see what it is, but in the meantime, I won't prescribe anything until we get it back. Probably by Monday."

So today my surgery was cancelled because my colony titers are too high and I haven't been medication long enough. UGH. I shed a bunch of tears, because I felt like someone stole my birthday.

And then I got sorta ticked. And like the Hulk, no one likes to seem me when I'm angry.

So two weeks of very good adherence to a less than exciting liquid diet down the drain! And I'm sorta past it all, but I just want to get so badly on the path of better health and lower scale numbers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home